I agree with darek-1.5 oz of bleach in a quart of water is probably safer to use in a household for disinfecting than most epa regulated disinfectants. Even bleach has its pros and cons as there are something like 50,000 bleach related accidents every year. We also tell customers to use 3%-6% volume hydrogen peroxide straight or diluted 50 -50 in water. Some what safer but weaker dilutions require longer dwell times. Seems to be somewhat safer as people use it for mouthwashes and wound cleansing and it breaks down to water. Most common disinfectants are toxic and could have serious health consequences for women and children. They are also contributing to the growing problem of antibiotic-resistant bacteria,which is leaving us with fewer tools to combat infectious diseases. One of the reasons for this is that most disinfectants have a dwell time to effectively kill its intended targets. When the dwell times aren't followed not all the bacteria is killed thus making the bacteria stronger and resistant to to those products. How many homeowners (or their help) do you work with that are going to adhere to the labels instructions.Disinfectants are important in hospitals and institutions not to mention food processing places.While I think homes that have sick people such as family members who are undergoing chemo ,ms or aids will have a need for disinfectants.Do we need these products in our homes if we practice good cleaning and hygiene.I am not sure if the average consumer is aware of the proper uses of these products. On the contrary due to the media and marketing it seems consumers are pushed into overuse and not informed about the dangers to our health and enviroment.While we would all like to upsell products to our customers this is one area that we should inform them of the pros and cons of disinfectants.Maybe it is time that consumers took a step back and used more natural and enviromentally safer disinfectants.We have started telling our customers how we feel about the use of disinfectants and we have been getting good feedback from that.Just my thoughts.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM, John Freitag <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
There is a product made by a Company called Betco and they use to have and disinfectant that was acid free. I will check with them. Depending upon the cleaner t upon the cleaner the customer is using could and probably is the reason the polish is so called coming off.
I would suggest taking some of her cleaner and applying it on a new piece of stone and see what effect it has then so it to the customer , if fact I would leave the stone with the customer and allow the customer to see the effect the cleaner if this is what’s happening.
John E. Freitag
The Stone and Tile School
Customers needs a non acidic disinfectant for marble bathroom floor. Wants to use Lysol because its "the only germ killer out there" and the reason that the polish is coming off is because" I did a bad job. "
www.mbstonecare.com " WORLD CLASS STONECARE PRODUCTS "
Powered by http://DiscussThis.com
Visit list archives, subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription preferences
Start a new conversation (thread)
-- Marble Floors And More Kris Dougherty 3304 N Lindbergh Blvd. Saint Ann, MO 63074 Cell - 314.503.3062 Fax - 314.298.1227